More Details – Hiring Part-Time English and Creative Teachers for 2017
The Write Corner is hiring a new batch of part-time teachers for 2017 and we are looking for THE BEST! If you are looking for a fulfilling part-time teaching job, COME JOIN US!
- STRONG COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
We peg our standards a little higher than what MOE requires so we can challenge our students and push them to reach their fullest potential. Potential teachers must have a good degree in a field related to Languages. In-house training will be provided but having prior teaching experience will be a big plus!
- STRONG SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND GOOD WORK ETHIC
Teaching at The Write Corner is not a sloppy or cushy job. Our team has a strong track record of passionate and professional teachers who are willing to roll up their sleeves to help every individual student progress as a writer.
We expect the teachers to commit to all their assigned classes – a full year, every single week. Students only have 1.5 hours a week with their teachers so time is very tight and precious. There’s a minimum of 4 classes assigned to each teacher. In December, the centre is closed for a month.
All new teachers will have to go through 8 to 10 paid training sessions. During their 3-month probation upon signing the contract, there will close monitoring of the new teachers’ teaching, marking & communication with parents/managers. In-house curriculum and lesson plans are provided to ensure high excellence and consistent methods in all our classes. Once every year in December, all the teachers will gather for a mass training and catch up session to prepare for the New Year ahead.
Most of all, we are a FUN, DYNAMIC and FAST-GROWING team! Positive performance will be rewarded with bonuses and increments at the company’s discretion.
1. This position is unsuitable for ESL teachers or adult trainers.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
3. Teachers are required to undergo 2 – 3 months of paid training sessions as part of the recruitment procedure.
4. Please state your grades for PSLE English, O Level English and General Paper in your cover letter. These grades are important because you are applying for a technically demanding position to teach English and Writing skills.
Job Type: Part-time
- Singapore, North East Area
- Education (Preferred): 1 year